17 March, 2011

There is No Greater Gift than Today...

Happy Saint Patrick's Day... to those who celebrate ...
2005...Chicago River dyed Green to participate this special ocassion... Totally awesome... !! (sad had to leave my little Matin home and he was less than a year...for 2 weeks!!)

This layout is inspired by Kraft-it-Up March Challenge.... and this layout too was also inspired by Yvonne Yam's guest blogger, Michelle Bertuzzi...Get-out-of-your-comfort-zone...which I think I did...especially using those (1)colors...which is not me at all...I had a hard time... to be honest it took 2 days just to finish this layout... I have been keeping this (2)pp from lilybee design since last year... when I received the PP from my nook kits(last year)... I was like... how the heck am I going to use this!!!...(3) Entwine those charcoal twine around my layout and also centralised  them...(4) Using stamps as embellies...which I think is my 1st time (5) Using only 2 manufacturer for PP (Lilybee Design & little Cosmo Cricket from my stash ...woohoo...what a list eh!!!...
 
 




Papers: Kraft, Lilybee Design & Cosmo Cricket
Others: Lawn Fawn Stamps, Tattered Angels Glimmermist Scarlett, AC Rosette, Hessian, Spellbinders Die Film Strip, JayGee Nook Charcoal Twine, OA Alpha Stickers

Don't forget I have not ONE but 3 BLOGiveaways qualify...easy..leave a comment and be a FOLLOWER(I see some of you are still NOT especially the regulars one too :(  ...anyway...check-it-out HERE....

And don't forget to join the fun with US over at Scrapbookers Anonymous...easy peazy...March challenge is to use at least 7 flowers on your layout, the premade kind, not homemade.... the idea is to dig into your STASH and use the flowers you've been meaning to use but for some reason have not.. think outside the box... and of course the more the BETTER.......hugs...

Thank you ladies for all your love and sweet comments!! It really means the world to ME!
Sending lots of love and hugs to you all!!...Big Hugs...xoxo

22 comments:

~amy~ said...

hmm...doesn't look like you had a tough time with the colors to me...you rocked that layout girl!!!

Lisa Echerd said...

What a fun layout! Those lanterns and fan flowers look great together.

cnelson said...

Fantabulous! LOVE the colors, the fan flowers, the texture of the twine and burlap...everything!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AWESOME! I loveeeeeeeeeee the burlap and love love love love all the lanterns! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

I Looooooove it.. I really mean it. I do. I do. Your LO look wonderful. Well done my sweet friend..

Happy St. Patties day to you.. I have my corned beef and cabbage in the crock pot.. Got my Green On.. Ready for a great day!

Hugs, Linda

Amelia Khalik said...

woweeee nice one sis. I love how u mix the font together and clever use of the twine! :)))

Sarah said...

This is gorgeous Lynnda! I love how you wrapped the twine around your page! lovely :)

Sarah said...

This is gorgeous Lynnda! I love how you wrapped the twine around your page! lovely :)

yyam said...

Gorgeous work!!!!:)

I love the fun aspects of your LO...with the twine action and the frraming of the photo! And you've managed a vibrant layout with those colors too! :) Brilliant! :)

jannekevanveen said...

beautiful i love it

Yara said...

Love this! Like lots of things of this layouts! First the title made with stickers, the rosettes and the stamps used as embellishments! I need to do that too. Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs! Yara

liana suwandi said...

This is so georgous layouts, especially the twine.

Theresa said...

awesome layout. so many fun elements to look at. I love that paper you used. =)

Anonymous said...

Such a fun and lovely layout.. love all the lanterns.. bright and beautiful :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fabulous and Fun, those medallion flower and lanterns are so adorable!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

A perfect title. Lynnda, I really like everything about this page!! Everything!! Enjoy your weekend, babe!! xoxo.

Dora said...

First that sentiment is sooo true!
And it is a wonderful lo!

Sudha said...

Wow, superb creation. I love it dear.

Ros said...

Such a great LO .. love the clustering and those cute rosettes

Lea said...

How cool are those lantern stamps! Love how you did the title! BTW, how do you typically attach your twine? I've done it a few different ways none of which is that great.

Cathy said...

What a fun and happy LO Lynnda.. Love the medallion flowers and lanterns. You've done an amazing job getting out of you comfort zone!! Thanks so much for joining in at KIU this month. Have a fab day :)

Heather Innusa said...

I saw this LO on Lawn Fawn's Flickr Friday - congrats!! I had to stop by & tell you how fabulous it is!! I love all of layers, textures, and patterns. Beautiful job.

Also I love all of your work. Looking around your blog is like inspiration heaven!