07 August, 2014

Sassy August Moodboard & Blog hop with a difference!

Hello Everyone !!
It's a hump day and also very gloomy day in Melbourne!!!
I can't wait for Spring to come!!!

On a happy note, I'm blogging live with Sophia on my lap trying to type along with me!!! [can you imagine}

Let me warn you, it's a little longer than usual so please bear with me and please read!! {LOL}
When you see my frequent postings you must know Sophia is being kind[today shes on my lap!] to me by behaving well or sleeps longer!! {LOL}

Okay first, I'm sharing a layout which was inspired by Sassy Scrapper: August MOODBOARD 
The photo:
Here is my inspiration:
 
 
 
 

And finally I managed to blog this hop:
BLOG HOP WITH A DIFFERENCE....
I'm truly honoured to be invited by  Chantalle McDaniel to join in this fun Blog Hop with a Difference.

The hope is that the hop will continue to bounce its way around the blogosphere by answering a few questions and passing on to three more bloggers. Here we go....

1. What am I working on right now?
Being able to create one project a week will be a huge blessing for me! The usual blogger mates here would know that I've just gave birth to a baby girl, Sophia and she's 5 months old going to 6 months soon [19 Aug]! And I have a 10 years old son too!!! So I leave up to you guys to imagine my life right now!

2. How long does it take to create a project?
Hmm this is tricky, but on an average I'd probably say about 2 or 3 hours.
Again depending on the situation that very day, sometimes I can immediately figure what I want to do, which of course makes it much easier and quicker but there are some days I can't really decide so it might takes 2 or 3 days to complete. 

3. What are my fave things I love to create with at the moment?
At the moment, I truly enjoy playing with my diecuts to create my own embellishments. It is so much fun! I find it's much easier to coordinate with the pp, the theme and also the composition that I have planned. Oh yeah, not forgeting that I'm also having lots of fun discovering all my hidden stash and finally to use them too!!! Bliss to de-stash, don't you reckon!!!

 4. How does my creative process work?
Yes, I am sucker for challenges so I will decide which challenge to play and take it from there. My planning process usually starts with staring into space[he he he], from there I will visualise and gather what I plan to create. Of course which also mean, Sophia is having her nap and Matin is in school!!! LOL!! 

5. How do I become inspired and stay inspired?
Personally I still consider myself a newbie with lots to learn from the amazing scappers out there. So to keep constantly inspired and stay inspired I usually take my time by blog visitings, especially now I feel that I am so backdated, I feel that I'm the last to know on the latest trend!!! 

6. What is my signature style?
Can you guys please help me on this!! LOL!! Honestly I don't have a particular style but there are two things I'm pretty sure - 1. I love colours especially bright happy colours and 2. I love pretty pp. I suppose my style keeps evolving each time I discover or learn new elements to use or new techniques to try. 

7. One random fact about me 
I am a neat and tidy freak! No matter how tired I am before I go to bed my whole house has to be completely CLEAN!

And on that note, I am going to hand you over to three ladies who inspire and amaze!
1. Amy Tsuruta - She never failed to amaze me with her amazing designs on her beautiful cards!
2. Lizzy Hill - She keeps WOWing her audience with her amazing skills on her background  job!
3. Jocelyn Olsen - She the reason why I love pretty patterned papers! And the way she layered her papers beautifully, simply amaze ME!

And Thank you so much for all your love and sweet comments...

22 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love your lo!! GORGEOUS colors, loving the photo and that typewriter!! And loved reading more about you!!!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I LOVE this sweet layout with pretty colors!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Great page once again and I loved reading more about you ...

Lizzy Hill said...

Looove your page....the pp on the bg look great! And you look great!!! Looved reading about your scrappy stuff....& I would have said you're a 'bright & happy' scrapper, too!!! And that's just what you said:) I've sorta done this....only 'cos I was away for a while, & got asked a few times, then just sorta popped a post up a whiles back...but THANKYOU for the shout out:) I feel very special...in a good way, I mean:):):)

~amy~ said...

This is my New FAV of yours...your layout is so awesome, love the layers!

awwwww...thanks for the shout out my friend. ♥♥♥

Chantalle said...

You are a super star! Love your layout and especially love that you manage to find the time to play along with us! Great to read a bit more about you x

Jocelyn Olson said...

Awwww....thanks for the note. You are so sweet and totally made my day! :) I'm always so inspired by you--you got me to start looking at cards in a more artistic way. :)

Your layout is beautiful. I absolutely love the mix of patterns and colors. The design and the layout of the die-cuts are gorgeous. What a sweet picture!

Creations by Shirl said...

Great job on your layout.... love everything about you....

Anita Bownds said...

Super awesome page ,lovin the colours..thanks for joining us at sassy scrapper..xx

alexandra s.m. said...

Great post Lynnda and your page is fabulous!
You really do have a way with colors!

Tone-Lill said...

OH my Goodnes Lynnda, this is so sweet and delightful. I love the bright colours both on photo and on the papers. Your DD sure looks like a sweetheart :) x

yyam said...

Such a sweet layout!:)
I think your style is happy and fun! You work so well with colours and patterns!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Stunning work! :D Your work is bright and lively I think!

Deb Hickman said...

Beautiful, you captured the colours, perfectly. X

Diane said...

What a darling layout and fun memories.

Hugs diane

Cindy Lee said...

Love your fun and bright layout!!

Ella Swan said...

Love your bright, happy layout & reading all about you!!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love love your gorgeous layout, Lynnda. The colors on your layouts are always delightful and I love your beautiful photo too. :)

Sarah said...

Such an adorable page! Love the typewriter and the bright colours! I can't believe your little girl is going to be 6 months old already! It's so crazy how fast time goes by!

Marilyn said...


love your happy and bright page!! lovely pic, too! Nice to read about you! hugs!xo

FiKenward said...

I would definitely say your signature style would be bright happy colours or at least that it what I feel when I see your pages. Little Sophie is growing like a weed and such a great picture of both of you.

Leonie said...

Thanks for joining in again at Sassy Lynnda. Gorgeous bright and fresh page. :)